Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jaundice...go away from my nephew!

Today I woke up early as usual but headed straight to shower.  I did not brew Bill's hot drink as I usually do.  I wanted to be at Putra Avenue early.  Using the Sg Buloh road, it took me about 45 minutes to reach there.  There I was, and there's my tiny tot, Luqman sleeping on his Mak Tok's large bed.  I woke him up with kisses, but didn't seem to yield to my disturbing him. I gazed at him...such a beautiful baby.  I'm love-strucked by this little one.

Mak Tok woke him up and bathed him.  My...he's such a strong little boy, when my mom put him in his long-bath, he was standing on his feet and walking!  We just giggled looking at his scene.  The reason I am here, at Putra Avenue is that I have to drive Mak and Luqman to Pusat Kesihatan (Poliklinik Kerajaan) in Puchong.  Owh gosh...there were a POOL of people from all ages there.  I started to have this headache having so many people around me and with that noise everywhere. I held Luqman in my arms while waiting for his turn to take some blood sample to be tested to determine the jaundice level.  They took his blood from his foot, Mak said.  I couldn't bear looking at that being done to him, so I let Mak carry him inside.  Later when that was done, I took the blood drawn from his tiny foot to the lab and waited for the result.  It has gone down from 14.9mg to 14.2 but I wasn't satisfied.  Then we waited for his turn to be consulted by the doctor.  I held him again...Luqman is such a good boy, he just slept from the moment he was brought inside the car until his blood sample was drawn and till we brought him to the doctor.  But he was perspiring, I think his head felt a bit warm.  Temperature, I suppose? I remember to ask the doctor to check on his temperature. Just a little bit more than the usual, but doctor said he's okay.

Sitting at the Government Polyclinic, holding my little nephew in my arms, I feel "sympathy" for him.  Why does he have to be in the middle of the noisy crowd to have his blood drawn for analysis, and then to wait to be consulted by a doctor.  Sweat trickling down his head and neck...ishhh...but he was such a good boy! He didn't throw tantrums at the clinic.

Home, after almost 2 hours, I laid on the bed with him next to me, staring at his adorable face, eyelids still glued.  Silently I thought...how could I not love this baby lying next to me?  Hahaha...gosh...so this is how it feels to have a baby eh?  Learned a few things today, and I now understand even better on a mother-baby bond.

Luqman, Mama Long pray for you to get well pronto.  Then we'll play again...get well little one! I love you SOOOO much!!  See you again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment