Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Great Sunday

Ouch...my heels really need a good massage. Last night I was home alone, so I had time to plan my day today.  I started my day with cleaning the apartment, a daily routine. Then I started making the almond chocolate chip cookies as per requested by my 2nd sister-in-law.  Oh yeah, this year I'm selling my chocolate chip cookies.  I make the cookies, she sells them.

The toasted almond chocolate chip cookies

Yesterday before returning to Kasturi Idaman, I invited my whole family to have tea at my place.  I said I'd cook meehoon sup and bake a cake. Bought the items needed to bake the cake, and as for the meehoon soup, mom said she'll bring the stuff to the apartment. Thinking they'd reach here for hi-tea, I baked a cake.  I wanted to bake a vanilla-chocolate horizontal layer cake, but I forgot I'm supposed to bake it layer by layer.  So instead of having that so-called layer cake, it turned out to be a marbled cake.  Nasib baik sedap.  Hehehe...phew...and it's soft too, despite the crack in the center and the crust by the sides which I purposefully let them set in.  I know mom likes the crispy cake crust, so I baked the cake longer than I should.

My marble cake...see that dark chocolate outlining the brown
part of the cake?I dusted cocoa powder on top of each layer
and it created an outline for the marble. Quite nice, actually.
 It tastes good too, because I used Hershey's cocoa powder.
I would strongly suggest Hershey's cocoa powder for baking
or drinking (hot chocolate).

I cleaned up the kitchen after finishing my baking session, and headed for shower quickly so that I could rest before the whole family arrive.  I waited for a couple of hours, they still have not reached here...so I called mom... masya'Allah... semua syok tido lak petang tadi rupa2nya.  I gak yang tak tido2 walau pun mengantok!  Eventually they arrived at about 6 pm. I started cooking my noodle soup while my sisters-in-law packed the cookies samples.

After maghrib we had our dinner.  Wahhh....betul2 punya makan kami semua.  Semua bertambah2 sampai 2-3 kali.  I am honored for the first time we had the family get-together at my place. Alhamdulillah...meehoon sup yang I masak punya banyak tu tak la berbaki banyak sangat.  My mom tapau for our maid yang tinggal di rumah. 

Today's dinner menu - meehoon soup.  Ini gambar dari
my sister-in-law's bowl.  Hihihi...


Semua makan dengan berselera...almaklum lah... bukan mudah nak dapat berkumpul satu family begini.  Next time berkumpul, entah2 dah bertambah seorang lagi ahli keluarga kami.  My first sister-in-law is due REAL soon.  I am sooo excited!  Ni cuba tengok gambar2 yang I snapped...semua asyik mengadap makanan...

Both my preggy sisters-in-law.  Sweet moms-to-be  :-)


My youngest brother, Bill...always smiling...


My 2nd brother & wife



Sup, cili kicap, ayam carik.... macam meehoon soto pula...
sayangnya takde pegedil.  Yang takde dalam gambar,
daun sup, daun bawang, daun ketumbar, bawang goreng.
 Lapar balik bila mengingatkan makanan2 tadi....

My 1st brother & wife

Adikku Bill yang sedang asyik mahsyuk makan

My beloved parents...


We had a great family moment.  I am so tired after a very long day of baking and cooking....but I am VERY happy.  My Sunday this week ended quite well and I shall remember this day as one of my best ever.  Tomorrow a new week starts, and I am starting mine with the extraction of my 2nd wisdom tooth. But what the heck, I don't wanna spoil my day, I'll just think about the horror of extracting my tooth as I go through it tomorrow.  Have a great new week, everybody!








No comments:

Post a Comment