Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finally...! I got a NEPHEW and I am now a MAMA LONG :-)

It was a long wait.  I am officially an aunty to my first-born nephew. YES!!!!  Mama Long, okay? Today, at 10.46pm, my first sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy.  He's my parents first grandchild, my first nephew, my brother's first-born.  I got over-excited this morning when my mom called to inform me that my sister-in-law has been admitted to the hospital.  Wow, the day finally arrived when I will hear the cries of a baby in our family, after Bill's, 26 years ago.  Wow... I said to myself, I am a Mama Long...but not just yet, wait till he makes his grand entrance, then it'll be official.  Paid a visit to Noreen in the afternoon, but she hasn't got contractions yet.  She wasn't even admitted to the ward yet.  Mak, Ayah and myself made our way to many places after the short visit, hoping that she'd be giving birth real soon.  But NOOOO..... he just didn't wanna come out yet!  Lama nya???  Baby's daddy, my dear brother is keeping us updated with the latest happenings.  I had to go man the gym this evening, so I just did what I had to do, and anxiously waiting for the call from Aman.  Abis gym, tak gak dapat phone call or message.  Bila laaa anak sedara aku nak kuar nih? Patience is killing me already, and instantly I am reminded of how much worse it would be for my sister-in-law.  FINALLY, at slightly past 11pm, Aman's mass message reached my BlackBerry, telling that the baby has been born.  Alhamdulillah...syukur.  My heart was jumping out of joy, I could feel my smile drawing across my cheek and my face blushing red out of happiness and relief that both mother and baby are fine.

Muhammad Noor Luqman Shah.  Yes, that's the name of the baby.  So LONG? Ni kalau isi borang, sure tak cukup ruang nak tulis namanya.  Apa2 lah Aman...as long as the baby is fine and so is your wife.  I wish I could see the baby right now, but I will just have to wait until tomorrow.  Baby dilahirkan malam...just like his daddy dulu.  So, as of now, there is no photo of the baby yet.  Will have to wait for tomorrow.... Can't wait.  Nevertheless, I still have to, anyway.

So...baby, I'll pay you a visit tomorrow.  Welcome to the world, baby.  We'll get to know each other soon.  Heartiest congratulations to my brother and his wife.  Syukur Alhamdulillah....

I can sleep in peace tonight.... (I wonder if I could sleep with the rate of joy I am feeling right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment